EMILY FROCK . GRAPHIC DESIGNER
Creative, energetic and engaging professional with a graphic design and marketing background and 10 years industry experience, including designing publications, wayfinding and signage, exhibits and other branded collateral.
- Excellent communication skills with both colleagues and vendors
- Motivated and organized with both time and task management
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment with multiple projects, printers and fabricators
Freelance Marketer and Graphic Designer
- Created marketing materials for new businesses, including logos, stationery and other print collateral.
- Assisted in copywriting, photography and newsletter production.
- Designed advertisements and web-ready artwork.
- Designed CD packaging, press sheets and brand identities for merchandise
- Worked with small businesses on brand strategy and social campaigns.
- Designed templates for wedding and baby-related invitations, announcements and other printed materials.
- Clients include: Uptown Music Theatre, Uptown Jazz Orchestra, ZukaBaby, Big Easy Birth, Let it Be Midwifery, Nola Nesting, Gravy Flavored Kisses, Speed of Sound Music, The Humidors band, and many more.
Graphic Designer and Production Coordinator
University of New Orleans, Office of Communications, Public Relations & Marketing
- Creating special event marketing materials and invitations to include Tea with the First Lady, UNO events with the NOJO, Alumni events across the country, Lakefront Arena-hosted events in tandem with concerts and artist appearances, and campus ribbon-cutting ceremonies.
- Design and layout of the UNO Alumni Magazine biannual.
- Leading graphics development for major events such as homecoming, grand opening of the new enrollment center, Bicentennial Education Building graphic installations, and sports team locker room and floor graphics.
- Design and content development for brochures, web ads, billboards, postcards, signs and other print collateral for all departments at UNO.
- General maintenance and oversight of the use of the UNO logo and graphic standards across the University in order to maintain brand integrity and continuity.
- Overseeing, designing and editing the updates for University brand identity guidelines, business cards and stationery.
- Photography of personnel and special events for press releases and web content.
- Managing project bids and maintaining a pool of qualified vendors for all types of projects.
NXL Construction Services, Inc., Richmond, Virginia, August 2009-October 2012
- Oversaw all marketing and design activities for a $25M/annual regional engineering firm.
- Created all marketing materials, including design, content development, writing, project photography.
- Designed and wrote the first company graphic standards and identity rules manual.
- Oversaw and created web-ready artwork for a website re-design and implementation of an intranet.
- Wrote press releases, award packages and identified media opportunities for the company and owner.
- Researched opportunities to partner with clients on projects, ran go-no-go project meetings, created presentations with bid teams for state, municipal and federal officials.
- Planned and coordinated all aspects of events ranging from 50-400 attendees, including hospitality suites, golf tournaments, open-houses, project visits and charity fundraisers.
- Marketing Manager, ECM Consultants, Inc., New Orleans, LA
Marketing Coordinator, NXL Construction Services, Inc., Richmond, VA
- Graphic Artist, Techead, Richmond, Virginia, Richmond, VA
- Graphic Design Intern, RiggsWard Design, Richmond, VA
- Graphic Design Intern, National Park Service Design Center, Harpers Ferry, WV
- New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival Administrative Photographer and general volunteer
- Bayou Boogaloo and French Quarter Fest music festivals
- Board member providing graphic design for Beth’s Friends Forever
- UNO First Generation College Student Mentor
- MA in Arts Administration, 2017, University of New Orleans
- BFA in Graphic Design, 2004, Minor in Music Performance, Virginia Commonwealth University